Cricket is considered to be one of the oldest games which are played worldwide.
Cricket is a game of unpredictability and every year, new records are a break and created.
The first officially recognized Test match was played on 15 March 1877, international cricket has now survived more than 141 years, spanning across three different centuries.
A lot of players have engraved their name into the hall of fame and considered to be as the legends of cricket.
Given this long duration, a few memorable happenings were bound to have occurred.
Here are some interesting cricket facts, figures, and records that are worth knowing.
1) First wicket as bowled: Bhuvneshwar Kumar is the only bowler in international cricket history to get his first wicket in all three formats of the game as bowled.
2) Unbeaten centuries: Shivnarine Chanderpaul holds the record of most unbeaten centuries in test cricket. He made 18 unbeaten centuries out of his 30 centuries in Test matches.
3) Longest start without a duck: Faf du Plessis is the only player in the history of cricket to have played 100 consecutive innings without getting dismissed for a duck from his debut.
4) Whitewash: Australia is the only team to whitewash every single Test playing nation, in Test cricket.
5)Most Consecutive Player of the Match awards: Sourav Ganguly is the only player, to have won four consecutive awards in ODI cricket.
6) Most numbers of maidens overs: Muttiah Muralitharan holds the record for the highest number of maiden overs i.e. 1992 overs, bowled in the international cricket.
7) Most numbers of hat-tricks: Wasim Akram is the only bowler who has taken 2 hat-tricks in Test as well as ODI cricket.
8) Finishing the match with a six: MS Dhoni holds the record of closing out a match with six, on nine occasions for India, in ODI cricket.
9) hundred in the first innings as an opener: KL Rahul is the only opener who has scored a century in his maiden innings as an opening batsman, in ODI as well as Tests.
10) Number coincidence: Alec Stewart was born on 8-4-63 and he scored 8463 Test runs.