You are here
Home > Cricket > Top 5 T20 Leagues in The World

Top 5 T20 Leagues in The World

5 top T20 Leagues

Top 5 T20 Leagues

1.Indian Premier League:

In the top 5 Twenty20 leagues IPL is on the top of all leagues. IPL started in April 2008 and winner of the first season is Rajasthan Royals.

IPL as a brand valued at USD 4.5 Billion and the most famous league in the world. IPL provides you high quality of cricket, overall craziness of Indian fans towards the league as a whole has simply changed the way in which the game is being played currently.

DLF bagged the title sponsorship for the primary five editions of the match. The overall quantity bid by means of DLF to win all rights was INR 200 Cr. The 5 seasons from 2013, Pepsi Co. INR 396.8 Cr to gain the title sponsorship.

Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals were banned for 2 years in 2015 over the in shape-solving charges.

The ratio among the franchise and the committee remained at 80%-20%. But, the share now is a bit greater balanced, with 60% of all revenues attained via title and broadcasting sponsorship being divided among the eight franchise proprietors and the remainder 40% being earned with the aid of the IPL organizers.

The total prize money for the IPL stands at INR 40 crore. Out of this 40, 15 is bagged by the winner, while the runner-up gets ten while the teams finishing 3rd and 4th get 7.5 each.

2.Big Bash T20

Second, on the list of top Twenty20 cricket leagues is Big Bash league and played in Australia. The Sponsor of the big bash is food giants KFC from its inception in 2011.

The main difference between IPL and the Big Bash League is that while private entities own franchises, in BBL, Cricket Australia who has all authority over all franchises and itself looks after the finances and share of revenues while whereas in IPL there are different owners of each team.

Its total city-based franchises battle it out in this tournament. Source of income for BBL can get partition into two categories, ticket sales, and broadcasting rights. In 2013, Cricket Australia entered into a contract with the Ten Network to broadcast the all matches, for an amount estimated to be at $ 100 mn.

The contract was five-year agreement and all the fundament rights of the game are on Ten Networks. The winner of the tournament bags $450,000, while the runner-up gets $260,000. The teams finishing third and fourth get $80,000 each.

3.Natwest T20 Blast

England’s T20 league is third on the list of top 5 T20 cricketing leagues in the world. It has to appreciate the fact that it was the first ever T20 tournament in England.

With a complete of Eighteen quality counties competing for each other across three months, the scheduling is absolutely a multitude.

The numbers of viewership for the equal aren’t as high as one might accomplice with a match just like the IPL or maybe the BBL. ECB earns a total of five-7 million from broadcasting sales.

ECB is considering privatizing the league on the idea of IPL and making it a city-primarily based franchise, in preference to the traditional county.

A complete of eight cities are planned to host the NatWest league, and if this idea gets passed, one could witness the broadcasting revenues going up by way of at least 3 times.

4.Caribbean Premier League

Caribbean Premier League comes fourth on the list of top 5 T20 leagues in the world.

The league turned into entire is governed with the aid of the West Indies Cricket Board. The Caribbean is the land of inaugural international Cup winners.

The identify sponsor of the Caribbean most suitable league is Indian car corporation, Hero MotoCorp.

The Shah Rukh Khan-owned Knight Riders additionally have a prime share of the Tribango Knight Riders and are a part of the same owner family.

The match as a whole is witnessed on tv screens in 15 international locations, with common worldwide audiences being someplace near 208 million annually.

5.Pakistan Super League

Pakistan Super League comes fifth on the list of top 5 T20 leagues in the world. While the games might not be played in Pakistan, the cities of Dubai and Sharjah host the Tournament annually.

All teams are based out of the main Pakistani regions, with city-based franchise modeling. The franchises were sold for USD 93 million, with the contract being valid for ten years.

As in line with the valuations modeling, the tournament has a market value of USD 300 million, and the range is predicted to shoot up in the years to comply with.

The inaugural edition of the match saw the PCB incomes an annual profit of USD 2.6 million, and the numbers are eagerly awaited for the editions to observe.

Please follow and like us:
error
Devendra
Devendra is a passionate sports person as well as a blogger that loves to write the sports blog, especially about cricket.

2 thoughts on “Top 5 T20 Leagues in The World

Leave a Reply

Top
error

Like Our Blogs? Share with your friends and family